Sunday, February 28, 2010

Homeward Bound

This has been an amazing Olympic games, and a great experience for me personally. Despite the tragedy preceding the Opening Ceremonies, the torch malfunction, and the lack of snow early on, the Games perservered and brought us many memorable moments.

No one embodied that spirit of strength for me more than Joannie Rochette. And being present to see Scott Moir and Tessa Virtue win gold was something I will never forget. Hockey gold(s) and plenty of other golden moments helped us to make "Own The Podium" not sound so outrageous (and un-Canadian).

The "vibe" in the city was something I've not experienced at any other Olympics. The crowds were large, loud, and enthusiastic at all the venues, and in the streets. The downtown was alive day and night with people participating in the Olympic experience. The volunteers and general populace were polite and friendly. Vancouver truly shone during these games. Stanley Park is a jewel, and the moutains are gorgeous.

I hope you've enjoyed visiting Vancouver with me, I know that I've had a ball. Thanks so much for your email, blog and Facebook comments. Thanks to Barry for showing me around Vancouver. Many thanks to my friends on the COMMs team, and to KVS, Telex, and NBC for allowing me to be a part of this yet again!

Susan, Connor, and Caitie, I love you and miss you, and can't wait to get home tomorrow.

Cheers - Sean

9 comments:

  1. Thanks Sean for sharing your Olympic Blog.
    It was so nice to read about the Olympics and learn about Vancouver from someone who was there.
    Great pics, interesting and entertaining too.
    So happy you finally got your fleece.

    Brenda Cuypers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoy your Olympic blogs and will miss following your travels.Thank you for taking us along once again!

    Will you be in London?


    Great picture to end this with...take care!

    Alicia =0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brenda and Alicia!

    I will be in London if NBC asks me to go. London is an extremely expensive place to visit, and I know that NBC has been cutting budgets each games. Eventually my luck will run out, but I hope not for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sean!!!

    Seeing all these commercials on TV and starting to get Olympic fever!!! I was wondering if you've found out if you'll be going to London?

    I really hope so...I love reading daily updates!!!

    Hope you have a terrific Summer!

    Alicia =0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alicia,

      Yes, I will be in London for the Olympics!

      Thanks for continuing to follow my blogs!

      I will post a link to the new blog in a couple of weeks.

      Cheers - Sean

      Delete
  5. Oh YAY!!!!! =0)

    So looking forward to daily updates and touring London with you!!!!

    Safe Travels!
    Alicia =0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you there yet?!?!?

    Less than a week...soooooooo excited!!!!

    Alicia =0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boarding my flight in about 45 minutes!

      lob2012.blogspot.com

      Cheers - Sean

      Delete
  7. YAY...so excited...safe travels...on to you new blog!

    Alicia =0)

    ReplyDelete