Sunday, February 28, 2010

Party Time!

A very exciting game, lots of tension, overtime, Sydney Crosby, and Canada wins a record 14th gold medal, while the USA sets a record for the most total medals with 37.  Everybody's happy, right? 


I'm glad Canada won, not because I'm a huge hockey fan, but for the boost to our national psyche, and for my own personal safety trying to get home tonight after Closing Ceremonies.


After the party inside the arena....


The celebration spilled out into the streets of downtown Vancouver in Robson Square...



The Closing Ceremonies will be getting underway shortly.  I'll probably have one more post tonight, but then I am heading home tomorrow on an 11am flight (for which they are picking me up at 6:10am! - good thing I packed last night).

1 comment:

  1. Great game...I was happy y'all won!!! What a way to end a wonderful 16 days of games!!

    Alicia =0)

    ReplyDelete