Saturday, February 27, 2010

NBC at the IBC

Seeing as I create a post like this at every Olympics (see my Beijing, and Torino blog posts), I'm not going to repeat the explanation of how things work here.  But, as ususal, I would like to show you where I work, with minimal commentary.


This is where I sit.  I help babysit most of the equipment in this room, and in fact our company writes the software and firmware for a good portion of what you see here...


Most of what you see on NBC is produced from the Control Room...


The director and producer sit up in the front row...


The audio for the show is mixed here...


Incoming video from all venues is handled here...


And this is the studio, where Bob Costas would be sitting...


It doesn't look nearly as nice without the cityscapes in the background and the proper lighting.

I work with a great team...


From left to right: Bob Gilmartin, Tony Kremer, Kevin Shea, Vic Main, John Pastore (COMMs Manager), me, and Rickey Hayes.  As always it has been a pleasure working with all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment